Lately I have been reading through the book of Genesis and today I was reading chapters 32-41. In these few little chapters, one thing I that kept sticking out to me was the fact that there were some instances where these chosen people of God at one point in time or another tried to manipulate God's will for them. There is the account of Abraham and Sarah not waiting on the Lord for the child of promise but even through this, God's purposes prevailed. Then there is the instance of Jacob and Esau, where Rebekah had Jacob dress up like Esau so that he could obtain Isaac's blessing, there are a few others but these stood out to me today.
Even though God used the mistakes, unbelief, and disobedience of his chosen people, they still had to pay the consequences for their actions. But more importantly, we can see the Sovereignty of God in all of those situations. I can look back on my own life and recount the many times I have tried to manipulate God, and I can also recount how every one of those times I tried to do that, it *never* worked out lol. As a matter of fact, a lot of the time it bought me back to square one, but the point is, God is sovereign.
Even though God used the mistakes, unbelief, and disobedience of his chosen people, they still had to pay the consequences for their actions. But more importantly, we can see the Sovereignty of God in all of those situations. I can look back on my own life and recount the many times I have tried to manipulate God, and I can also recount how every one of those times I tried to do that, it *never* worked out lol. As a matter of fact, a lot of the time it bought me back to square one, but the point is, God is sovereign.
"The counsel of the LORD stands forever,The plans of His heart to all generations."-Psalm 33:11
"A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps"-Provebrs 16:9
"There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless it is the LORD’s counsel—that will stand."- Proverbs 19:21
Haven't these verses of scripture been proven true in the bible and how much more in our own lives? What a relief that is! To some the thought of God being ruler over their lives and having his own plan he is interested in working out seems daunting to them but to us it should give us a deep since of joy, rest, and peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment